Who else gets tired of the same old chicken breast recipe? Personally, I prefer chicken thighs and wings, but chicken breasts are my go-to whenever I’m on a health kick or just trying to shed a few pounds. The breast is the leanest part of the chicken, and it’s packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. The only problem? It can be bland, and dry when it’s overcooked even the slightest.
Don’t worry though! This recipe is a gamechanger. The chicken is juicy and tender with bright lemony flavour and a kick of spicy pepper. It takes less then 20 minutes to cook, which makes it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Just make sure to marinate the chicken ahead of time.
The key to getting that beautiful golden-brown exterior is to sear the chicken before baking it. Don’t skip this step! Searing builds the flavour and texture. If you want to save time cleaning up, use a cast iron skillet or an oven safe frying pan.
After searing the chicken, throw it in the oven to finish cooking. Don’t forget to let the chicken rest 5-10 minutes after removing it from the oven. This will lock in all the juices and prevent it from drying out.
I served this with rice, sauteed mushrooms, and kale Caesar salad. The leftovers were perfect for lunch the next day.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know in the comments below!
Lemon Pepper Chicken
Bright, Lemony Chicken with a kick of Pepper. With minimal ingredients and cooking time, this dish Is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Clubhouse Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 1 tbsp lemon & pepper seasoning to a glass container. Add Chicken and mix to coat with marinade. Let the chicken marinate for at least half hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in an oven-safe pan over medium heat. Season chicken with remaining tablespoon of lemon & pepper seasoning. Add chicken to pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 °F. Allow chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
One thought on “Lemon Pepper Chicken”
You had me at lemon pepper. And then chicken. 😜🍃🍋
LikeLiked by 1 person